Dr. El Sayed Mahmoud
Professor and Program Coordinator of Computer Science at Sheridan
El Sayed's Scholarship Statistics: Research Projects: 17, HQP: 51, Publications: 22, Theses: 8
Publications/Reviews of Publications (Note: the asterisk indicates the presenter of the paper)
- Martinez-Soto, Carlos E., Stevan Cucić, Janet T. Lin, Sarah Kirst, El Sayed Mahmoud, Cezar M. Khursigara, and Hany Anany. "PHIDA: A High Throughput Turbidimetric Data Analytic Tool to Compare Host Range Profiles of Bacteriophages Isolated Using Different Enrichment Methods." Viruses 13, no. 11 (2021): 2120
- Yan D. Niu, Hui Liu, Hechao Du, Ruiqiang Meng, El Sayed Mahmoud, Guihua Wang, Tim A. Mcallister and Kim Stanford, "Efficacy of Individual Bacteriophages Does Not Predict Efficacy of Bacteriophage Cocktails for Control of Escherichia coli O157", Frontiers in Microbiology,2021
- Igor Grishchenko and El Sayed Mahmoud, "An Investigation of a Convolution Neural Network Architecture for Detecting Distracted Pedestrians" International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(IJACSA), 11(2), 2020.
- Ross, E. Mahmoud, E. Abdaal. Exploring Identifiers of Research Articles Related to Food and Disease Using Artificial Intelligence, the International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Volume 9 Issue 11, 2018
- Eram, J. Patel, A. Satvedi, R. Sneyd, E. Mahmoud. Video-call Platforms for Online Healthcare, International Journal of Advances in Science Engineering and Technology, Vol-6, Iss-3, Spl. Issue-2, pp 65-64,2018.
- Mahmoud, An Engagement Strategy for Teaching Computing Concepts, the International Journal for Digital Society (IJDS), Volume 8, Issue 3, ISSN: 2040-2570, 2017
- Mahmoud, E., Sykes, E., Eram, B., Schwenger, S. Poulin, J. & Cheers, M. (2020). Towards Better Remote Healthcare Experiences: An mHealth Video Conferencing System for Improving Healthcare Outcomes. In Arai, K., Kapoor, S., Bhatia, R. (Ed.) Proceedings of the Future Technologies Conference (FTC) 2020, Volume 3. Springer Nature Switzerland AG.
- Eram, J. Patel, A. Satvedi, R. Sneyd, E. Mahmoud*. Video-call Platforms for Online Healthcare, Proceedings of 121st ISERD International Conference, Toronto, Canada
- Akulick, E. Mahmoud*. Intent Detection through Text Mining and Analysis, Future Technologies Conference (FTC), Vancouver, Canada, 2017
- Mahmoud*. Learning Catalyst: A Play-based Strategy for Teaching Applied Computing Concepts, The Canada International Conference on Education (CICE), Toronto, 2017.
- Dancy*, E. Mahmoud. Practice and Refactoring Log: A Reflection Based Learning Strategy to Improve The Fluency of Computing Students in Writing Computer Programs, EduTeach International Conference, Toronto, 2016.
- Mahmoud*, D. Calvert. A robust system for distributed data mining and preserving-privacy, SmartData, pp 129-138, 2013.
- Mahmoud* and D. Calvert. "Regression of Representative Keys: A simple Learning Approach," Intelligent Engineering Systems through Artificial Neural Networks, vol. 19, pp. 463-470, 2009.
- Mahmoud* and D. Calvert, "Auto-calibration of support vector machines for detecting disease outbreaks." in 2009 IEEE Toronto International Conference - TIC-STH'09, pp. 112-117, 2009.
- Mahmoud. "Computers and TAs", Teaching Assistant Advisory Council (TAAC) Newsletter, the University of Guelph, 2009.
Conference Papers- continued
- Mahmoud* and D. Calvert, "Comparing Performance of Back Propagation Networks and Support Vector Machines in Detecting Disease Outbreaks," Proceeding of Intelligent Engineering Systems through Artificial Neural Networks, vol. 18, pp. 245-252, 2008.
- Mahmoud and D. Calvert*, "Comparing Syndromic Surveillances using Two Aspects: Emergency and Telehealth Data Sources," Advances in Disease Surveillance, vol. 4, pp. 102, 2007.
- Mahmoud and D. Stacey*, "Identifying Syndromic Fingerprints in Reason Fields in Emergency Department or Telehealth Records using N-grams for Similarity Analysis," Advances in Disease Surveillance, vol. 4, pp. 55, 2007.
- Mahmoud*, R. Hurtadomolero. Smart pattern detector for clothing, Sheridan Creates Conference, 2018.
- Mahmoud*, R. Sneyd. Smart equipment detector, Sheridan Creates Conference, 2018
- Mahmoud*, M. Ross. Food-health Article Detector: A way to reduce health risks. Sheridan Creates conference, 2018
- Mahmoud*. Experience-based Analogical Model for Learning Computing Concepts: A Kinesthetic Learning Strategy to Help Tactile Learners, EduTeach International Conference, Toronto, 2016